The one with Mondays

I am not at all a Monday person. Even after all these years, I still feel odd on Mondays.

When I try to wake up, my half as sleep/ half woken conscious would give various options like
“SMS the Manager informing not well" or "climate looks bad so everyone might turn up late" or "Wake up after an hour and catch a cab to office"

Just like a school kid who hates to board the school bus on Mondays, I had to drag myself to work.Is this what they call Monday Madness??

I was venturing on this for a long time. Hence the post :)

# May be it’s just the starting trouble after a tiresome resting weekend. LOL

# How come I remember every damn thing that I should have done on weekends on a Monday?

# We should have half day Mondays. The day should start after lunch at 1 pm.
We should also have, half a day Fridays- like the day should end at 1 or 2 pm max. While unofficially its done by few, why not make it official?

# Want to work in UK /US or any country where they have bank Holidays on Mondays!

# How about removing Mondays from calendar and having only rest of the days?

# shifting OFF from Saturday to Monday would be fine, but that’s not a good deal. So let’s ignore this

# How about having all holidays on Mondays like December 25 or New Year etc. long holidays are good and helps!

# Someone can Invent a kick-off drink which when drunk on Monday morning would give enthusiasm that comes on Friday evening. If any company produces it, I need make sure I get the pattern rights.

# May be we can have motivational Monday groups and the members will motivate each other.

Whatever be it, it will still be the same for me.

I hate Mondays!!

p.s: All Monday haters can comment now ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
chk out the song from Bangles..Manic Monday...exactly same thoughts as urs :)

Six o'clock already
I was just in the middle of a dream
I was kissin' Valentino
By a crystal blue Italian stream

But I can't be late
'Cause then I guess I just won't get paid
These are the days
When you wish your bed was already made

It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday

Have to catch an early train
Got to be to work by nine
And if I had an air-o-plane
I still couldn't make it on time

'Cause it takes me so long
Just to figure out what I'm gonna wear
Blame it on the train
But the boss is already there

It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday

All of the nights
Why did my lover have to pick last night
To get down
Doesn't it matter
That I have to feed the both of us
Employment's down

He tells me in his bedroom voice
C'mon honey, let's go make some noise
Time it goes so fast
When you're having fun

It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
It's just another manic Monday
Anonymous said…
the anony was me

and me=gils
sri said…
//It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday
//

edhay edhathaan naanum solren . Thanks machaan for the song
CVR said…
I have theory where in people will have a leave on wednesday along with saturday and sunday every week!
That will set the pace pretty relaxed and the working days wont feel so strained!
If everyone in the world can follow this similar to the weekend convention,life will be a lot more relaxed!! ;)
Aruna said…
hi,
I've written a post on how to drive away the monday morning blues...I'm not getting it exactly ....I'll give u the add once I get it...
anbudan aruna
Anonymous said…
Hey,

I have started liking ur writing style :-) It is very lively...Good job!

Now, my turn!.Here is another article I liked..

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2008/03/26/stories/2008032650180800.htm

Regards,
Sangeetha
sri said…
@CVR

Intha Idea romba nalla erukku, few years back I thought of becoming some sort of consultant where I choose to work for companies in different schdules for very good money and take limitless holidays :)

@aruna:

Neraya perukku edhu erukko?
Sure i will look fwd to that post :)
Preethe said…
# How about removing Mondays from calendar and having only rest of the days?

If we remove Mondays ..
wont we have Tuesday morning blues??

btw .. are you the owner of "I Hate Mondays" group on Orkut
;-)
sri said…
Hey preethe

Welcome. Achichu .. Its true then I would start hating Tuesdays :)

Then I can put a post about it (che enna manusan, edhavadhu post poda kedaikumannu )

Is there a group like that ? oh I was sure i wasnt the only one.

Naan Thani aal ellai ..
FunScribbler said…
//Someone can Invent a kick-off drink which when drunk on Monday morning would give enthusiasm that comes on Friday evening. If any company produces it, I need make sure I get the pattern rights.//

we can have our indian drink "quarter" hahaha...
FunScribbler said…
//May be we can have motivational Monday groups and the members will motivate each other.//

nah.. will this work? half of them would be sharing their sad stories of how their fav football team lost a match, when/where they fought with their gf....blah blah blah....:)
sri said…
//we can have our indian drink "quarter" hahaha...//

Coffee thaaney mean paneenga :P
Vidya said…
Can Monday non-haters comment too? :-)

Vidya

Popular posts from this blog

An Elephant's pride

வாழ்கை அவ்வளவு சுலபம் இல்லை, ஆனா போராடணும்!

Remy's Recipe - Wheat n Sweet Pancake