I carry you

Dear X,

Now that you aren't there anymore for me ,
And I don't want to reveal your name
I think its very appropriate to call you X

I am wondering why people call their "once loved ones" as X
Considering the fact "X" is in same pincode as "kiss"
May be they have crossed them out from their life
Or may be their eyes look like "X" mark which represents sick/died character's eye from cartoons
Or may be they still wanted to kiss the X
I don't plan to die or kiss you again
You just don't X-ists
I think its very appropriate to call you X

Then why would I use "Dear"?
If you 'happen' to read this (chance of which is same as Osama converting to Christianity)
You would know, not much has changed since you decided to move on

If you think I would worry
I am sorry you may be disappointed
If you think I am happy without you
I am sorry again, you are wrong

I don't want to name this feeling
Its neither happy nor sad
I am just myself, feeling which has no Tag

Do you know you gave me more than I did ?
Always
You gave me more than I did
I let you go
You gave me the freedom
I let you move on
You got me over it
I let you be with one you loved
You made me available for love

You may wonder, what I am trying to say
I am fine
Nothing is broken
Nothing is erased
Nothing is forgotten
Nothing is remembered as well
Just like door which is open to let the wind in , is shut by the same wind
You opened me and shut me again
But the time you were there
Is all worth it

Did I ask you why, when you came into my life?
How could I blame you for leaving then?

Time is ticking
I may forget
Until someone ask me
about my "failed" relationship
Is it a exam to fail?
Do I need to graduate?
Is getting matured and moving on, considered as graduation?
Or is it happy ending that is graduation?
I have moved on
And I am sure I would have an happy ending.
So I can safely say its not even close to be called "failed"

I carry you just like marks on my body
Some are from birth
Some are from childhood playing
Some are from accidents
Some are from chicken pox
And
Some are self made like tattoo
I would always have you
You may decide which one you want to be
It doesn't makes any difference to me

But if you insist
I may call you tattoo
Made by happy occasions
With all good intensions
Would be there till I reach the stars
For I carry them as they are

p.s:
Dear X
If you happen to read
I know you are dumbo
I need to tell you "Straight"
I want you to know
I am happy for all those days
I am fine if you care to stay as friend
I can take care of myself
I have to leave you and so do you
Leaving doesn't mean I hate you
I never hated you and never will
Look at us now
we are in the right place , doing right thing
So here is the secret of all secrets
Like the birth of streams
Root of all roots
I carry a part of you with me
I dont need a thing,
This is it,
Be Happy :P

Comments

Preethe said…
Hey Sri!!
That was a beautiful one!!
Loved it!!

"Nothing is broken
Nothing is erased
Nothing is forgotten
Nothing is remembered as well"
so well said..
Sometimes a relationship turns empty .. and this is how we feel.. Neither broken nor erased nor remembered..

Wonderful one Sri..
Preethe said…
As someone said "Let's face it...most relationships you have in life don't work out. "

The easiest kind of relationship for me is with ten thousand people. The hardest is with one.
sri said…
Welcome Preethe

//Sometimes a relationship turns empty .. and this is how we feel.. Neither broken nor erased nor remembered.. //

Yes and the best thing to do is leave it like that. Just read today morning in a book
" When someone leaves , its because someone else is about to arrive"

//The easiest kind of relationship for me is with ten thousand people. The hardest is with one.//

Yeah thats exactly the point, I think relationships are best survived when the expectations are minimal and love is unconditional :)

Thanks for the encouragement
Charissism said…
You are now a certified POET!hahaha

love it! if this is based from your own experience, I say, Move on with a clean heart! It's her loss not yours.

And as a promise, here's the 10 things I like about you:

Weeee...

1. Poet
2. Superb writer
3. Super Friendly
4. Bookish (got a good taste in books as well)
5. Funny
6. Optimistic
7. Well-dressed all the time. Never fails!
8. Someone who treats the world as his playground.
9. Artist
10. Not afraid of anything life can/will bring! Fighter!

;D
sri said…
@ chariss

/Sri at 10th cloud /

*Blushing*

*Smiling*

/break/ realising whether they are all true ... /contiue/

/sri at 9th cloud /

*blushing*

*smiling*

...

:)
Charissism said…
hahaha! enjoy your stay at the clouds. you definitely deserves it!
Divya said…
\\Just like door which is open to let the wind in , is shut by the same wind
You opened me and shut me again
But the time you were there
Is all worth it\\

very beautiful illustration:))


\\But if you insist
I may call you tattoo
Made by happy occasions
With all good intensions
Would be there till I reach the stars
For I carry them as they are\\

Nice lines!

Great poem Srivats......Keep writing!
sri said…
Welcome Divya

:) feels good to get comments from such good blog writers :)

Thanks a lot, sure would try to keep writing
gils said…
over peterea iruku!!!
//Just like door which is open to let the wind in , is shut by the same wind
You opened me and shut me again//

Awesome!
Lovely comparison!
Experience speaks :))
sri said…
@ gils
Peter ellam onnum ellai da, englishla ezhudha easya erukku, have to get tamil fonts. If u have send me please


Srivats
sri said…
@ KRS
Welcome to my blog,
Very honoured to have comments from one of the finest blogger :)

I try my best, Experiance is what shape us I guess. And I hope those are only for good LOL

Please keep visiting when time permits

Srivats
Aarti said…
That was seriously beautiful.. saw the link on another post of urs and came over[seeing the tattoo pic..:)]

beautiful.. so from within...
so raw
so filled with emotions...
!!
sri said…
haha lured by tatoo picture ;)

Thanks much for the words , these were writtern in turbulant times and it really helped me :)
every word makes so much sense.. im speechless sri
Swaram said…
Hey u r brilliant! Poet, Painter - glad to hv found u in the blog world :)

Popular posts from this blog

An Elephant's pride

வாழ்கை அவ்வளவு சுலபம் இல்லை, ஆனா போராடணும்!

Honking trains and a tarot fool