First consolation prize goes to Rachana Shakyawar from humming today. The reason I was told for choosing this is “creatively woven using all ten pictures”
Second consolation prize goes to Savitha from A traveller one among the few. The reason I was told was “The story sees death not as an ending but part of the journey”
Rachana and Savi, I am still in the process of finishing your prizes. Because the paintings are personalized I started my work only last night, after the winners were picked. So bear with me a day or two and I would publish it.
And now the grand winner of the story contest is........ Drum roll …….. Swaram from song of life!
My would-be loved Swaram’s story so much and have asked me to include these comments “Very creative yet realistic story with optimism. we all make mistakes but the best thing is to deal with it, move forward and find our purpose in life. The story also insists that a women should stand up for herself”
I hope the painting makes sense to you Swaram :) Its denoting your blog picture and the very first post you have writtern about how life echo's our thoughts, I am sure everyone know why the musical notes are there ;) Congratulations winners! the painting would be laminated and sent to you by post, please send me your address by email.
I am publishing these three stories here. I would publish rest by tomorrow with my views on them. Thanks to each one of you, participation makes it interesting for everyone. Please allow me to present you this award for supporting me.
1. It was the beautiful happy carnival in the town.
4. He was playing the joker part in that carnival.
10. He saw the top actress, their eyes meet, and he could sense her desire in eyes. She came as a chief guest in that carnival.
3. Few guys in the carnival started saying awful things about her, and this joker could not handle it more, His laughter turned into fierce feeling and he fought furiously with all the guys who were saying bad things about her.
7. Next day he climbed the hill to reach at the top of the actress bungalow to confess his feeling for her and make her realize her inner aspiration.
6 and he could easily capture in her aspiration to be free from the hectic stressful life, she escaped with him
8. He brought her to the village to show the real world and understand better the life urge.
2. After that intense reflection of life, she knew he was the one. She left her glamorous world forever and got married with him.
9. And they lead a very happy life and a flourishing family.
5. His kids are grown up and moved on to different places as nuclear family. Today, though he is living alone, his thoughts are enfolded in beautiful memories of his very loving wife, who dies 2years back.
9. They were a lovely family-Sam, Jade and their two lovely children.
5. One morning, it was known that he is terminally sick. He pondered about it and decided against informing the family, until it became prominent.
4. So, he wore a happy mask, cheered the family and friends, whom he loved by heart and soul.
7. Privily, he toiled day in and out, with all determination and might to cushion the fall, the family has to survive in his absence.
3. When his condition became prominent, friends and family cheered him up, as he battled courageously against the monster.
2. Now that Jade knew his days were countable, he secured a promise from her. He wanted her to pursue his dream.
6. One day, the bright soul left the world, much to the grief of the loving family and friends
1. He was received amidst much cheer and dance in the Heaven. It was a celebration of joy. (Death is not the end; It is a continuing journey)
10. Jade grieved, and got herself composed to tender the kids.
8. And she did not forget the promise to him, which she had recorded as he said, “When we were on our honeymoon trip to India, I was swept by the generosity and love of the people. But, the condition in their village was something that moved me. Will you please adopt a village and encourage the self-help groups, and work towards the women’s emancipation in the villages. The richness of the culture truly lies in those villages, and women play a big role. Their freedom of expression is the only way the culture can be nurtured.” She began scrolling down her Indian contacts, in this regard.
3. She always dreamt of her Prince Charming as a superman and she found him in a wrestler and gave him his heart @ first sight during one of the bouts.
2. He was the only one she could call her own, being orphaned @ a very young age :( and she believed he would always hold her hand and lead her through.
9. Until she saw him with his lovely family one day and realized she had been cheated :(
10. She felt very guilty for having moved with a family man, though she never knew that and decided to punish herself.
7. She started climbing the hills surrounding her lovely town which she loved doing, the difference being that she would not climb down this time but bid good-bye to life!
4. It was the formation day of her town and there was a festive atmosphere all around. Dancers, singers, and jokers all possible types of entertainment marked this day every year.
1. A blur but beautiful picture of the town being painted with fun and merriment greeted her. Memories of the previous years where she used to dance happily, swaying to the melodies brought a smile on her face unknowingly.
5. She felt like a vast ocean of thoughts, both good and bad, had surrounded her lonely self all @ once.
6. The joy and happiness which filled her heart made her realize what a grave mistake she was committing. If she had one reason to die, she had 100 more to live!!!! The bird of guilt escaped from the cage of her heart and flew far far away.
8. She came back and adopted a sweet li'l baby girl from her orphanage. The baby would no longer be an orphan.. it had found a mother. She had in turn found a daughter ... found a beautiful reason to live :)
LIFE IS ALL ABOUT FINDING SOLUTIONS :)